2.26.2007

Huge epiphany...

Only a few times in my life has this happened to me. I reach a point in my thoughts where it hits me...I'm alive. I know it sounds crazy, but, here I am. Here I am existing, capable of thoughts and actions that I control. I am a breathing, living, life. I look around, and even though things are crazy at times, I'm grateful. I'm grateful for what I have. I have a family that loves me dearly. I have friends that care about me. As I look around myself, my wants and needs surround me. Some people want more. But...I realize through all of this, that what I have will suffice. I have more than most. I am not starving for anything, I am full. I am thankful for what I have. I am thankful for my life...for this very opportunity to be here. I am thankful to experience all of this. And that's when it hit me. I am thankful for life. No wonder that regardless of what religion or dogma people hold, there is this general belief in an afterlife. Who would blame them? Who would want this to end? I wouldn't. And just maybe I am greedy for one thing. I am greedy to experience more of it. I want more card games with my grandma. I want more afternoons in the park with my cousin. I want more talks with my friends on a Friday night on top of a starlit roof overlooking the city. I want to learn more. To travel more. I want to play more. I want to work more. I want to care more. I want to kiss more. To hug more. To laugh more. I want to grow more. I want more of life. I want to live more.

Not an angry rant, but a good rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home